Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Not as much as you you see, but I still love technology

Lots of geek news to report. First, I got a new Polar watch that has a neat feature for keeping track of total calories burned per week - so that will be one of the quantified measurements that I will be reporting on here. The week of August 29th I burned 4829 calories. The week of September 3rd another 6636 calories. My goal for this week is to hit 10,000. I got a good start with over 2300 calories tonight with two spin classes.

In other nerdy news, Dale and I have started a NikePlus online racing challenge for who can put in the most kilometers in 80 days. If you are beginner and would like to join our challenge to motivate yourself to start running, just send me an email and I will invite you (you'll need to get the gear also). No veterans allowed though, you'll bust the curve. As it is, I am going to have to log some serious hours to keep up with the more-fleet-of-foot Barron.

Next week I start the "Around the World in a Month" trek. Stay tuned for some pics from the trip and updates as I get start much more roadwork to prepare for Singapore.

No comments: