Monday, November 26, 2007

I Don’t Jump High, I Fly Low

I finished a great week in the gym with a great finish. I beat my 5K personal best by 7 minutes – a blazing 45 minutes. I was targeting to run 10-minute kilometers (which would have been a two minute improvement), and I far exceeded that goal.

I was coming off a very intense week in the gym: over 13,000 calories burned last week. The workouts including a monster leg workout on Thursday (my legs are still sore on Monday afternoon). Given that I was not “fresh” and in fact quite sore from earlier workouts, I am especially pleased with the race results. I felt great after the race. In fact, after a quick protein shake and about 30 minutes downtime, I did a spin class and 3K more on the treadmill on Sunday morning. Barely able to walk, I did call it quits and skip the BodyPump class and afternoon workout I had been planning.

This week I need to try to squeeze as much final preparation work in as I can before the 10K race. I am behind in the NikePlus challenge and also still want to make up for lost time earlier this month when I was sick. It will be challenging though as I am writing this update en route to Papua.

A busy week proceeds Singapore – but I am so excited to see my girls and get after that race. Another big step, it’s just 217 days to Gold Coast Marathon.

No comments: