Sunday, December 2, 2007

Big Race Weekend






Despite a heat index of over 90 degrees, the race in Singapore went well. Dale and Sam both ran great marathons, beating their goals by a great deal. Sam by nearly half an hour and Dale switching to a full marathon from a half the day before the race - a gutsy move for sure. Irma and Yanny ran excellent 10K races. The first race ever for Yanny and a great time for Irma. For the non-racers, non-metric readers, the marathon is 42K (26 miles) and 10K is just over 6 miles.




I was hoping to run my 10K in less than 100 minutes. I came across the line at 101 minutes. I felt good about the race. I overdid the hydration and needed to go to the bathroom about 5 times in the final hour before the race and needed to go to the bathroom 3 times in the first 5K. My joints were sore, but no major issues. Primarily muscle pain - which is good, the best kind to have. Muscles are much better at recovery than joints.




Back to Jakarta tomorrow with my girls!






No comments: