Sunday, January 7, 2007

First week's progress report

Tomorrow will mark the first week. I would give myself mixed reviews. Perfect on booze – though, admittedly, I did not have any terribly tempting situations like going to the bars with friends or a business dinner party with free-flowing wine. While I have made a major improvement on my eating habits, I did have more than a handful of slip-ups. On exercise, I didn’t make it to the gym on two days, but I had a good weekend with 3 vigorous exercise classes and a 23 kilometer bike event (I hesitate to say race, as it was a leisurely pace). I took all my body measurements upon return to Jakarta, and I will compare them again when I return on Jan. 21st. I will check my weight again on the same scale in Papua on Jan. 16th. I will check my progress on both these parameters every two weeks.

I also took a “before” photo, but I will wait to post that until I have a more appealing progress and comparison photo.

Stay tuned for photos of a mountain hike next weekend in Papua, today’s bike race, and the news of the of the weigh-in next weekend.

No comments: