Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Yesterday was the beginning of my journey. Last night, I stopped drinking at the stroke of midnight. I tried to weigh in yesterday, but I was unable to do so because I was over the 350 pound limit for the scale. This was startling not only because I hadn’t faced this problem since high school, but also because I weighed 325 pounds on the same scale just 2 months before. Further, it reiterated the importance of this ‘shock therapy’ approach to this issue, as the momentum of the lifestyle choices were going in the wrong direction and at a troubling speed – though I did take this holiday season as a final respite before this commitment.

Because the scale didn’t tip in the half-inch beyond the 350 mark, I am going to approximate my weight at 363 pounds or 165 kilos. To reach my target of 100 kilos, I will need to lose 1.25 kilos (2.75 lbs) a week to reach my goal by the end of the year. I will record my measurements upon return to Jakarta on Wednesday.

I did OK on diet and got a decent couple of hours of cardio in on the elliptical trainer.

No comments: