Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Back to work

Sure, the weekend in Bali was really amazing. Good weather, good friends, and good times. I have posted a couple photos below. You can see some online photo albums from Heather and Dave. After a wonderful long weekend in Bali (which – as the photos indicate – including a break from the beer ban that stopped just short of Jager-zone), it was time to get back to work in a serious way. Pictured above has been one of those recents mega-workouts - I have been targeting to burn at least 2,000 calories 5 days per week. This "Super Bike" class involved 200 people doing a 2-hour spin class session. It was alot of fun (though my feet were killing me and the wonderful Jakarta smog seems to have given me touch of respiratory infection) and I burned 3,500 calories.

So, what's the plan going forward? April was major lost time due to sickness and work issues. Much of May and June were distracted by wedding preparations. Based on the way my pants fit and a marginal decrease in weight, it does appear I kept the BMI going in the right direction. I did a lot of leg work, including many Body Pump classes, which has provided strong gains in leg strength. But, in terms of body weight, there is no doubt I am off the pace of my goals. Next week, I will travel Singapore and will use the Body Mass Analysis machine to get a better sense of where both body mass and BMI stand.

The ultimate goal is to run Standard Chartered Marathon in Hong Kong early next year (around March or so), which means a few things. One, I've got some serious catching up to do. Two, my commitment is being extended beyond "one year" - in part to reflect a penalty of lackluster performance in recent months and also to continue preparation for this major event.

No comments: