Monday, July 23, 2007

Like that weekend I read the Hobbit

Not exactly. This one was much more physically demanding. Mentally, I'm not sure - perhaps a draw. Between Friday and Sunday, I burned through nearly 7,000 calories including 6 aerobic classes. And, it didn't have nearly the fat intake of last weekend's deep-fried fiesta. Pictured below is the star attraction. The googles proved absolutely unnecessary, too bad those don’t make similar protective devices for the arteries. I reckon all my work from last weekends was really just about un-doing the damage from this event.

In addition to a healthier life, this program is about being able to do so many things that I have never been able to because of my weight, including run a race - hopefully a full marathon. Here’s a story that makes that seem like a less than ambitious goal, even considering my starting point. Considered differently, it makes my goal seem so much more easily attainable.


No comments: