Saturday, May 23, 2009

Here we go, again.

Remember that re-commit post I made just before New Year's?  Seems I didn't.  I did an awful job of following through on what was such clear and compelling logic.  But, the point here isn't to focus on what I've done wrong.  The point is to get back on track.

I did a Crossfit Level 1 Certification last weekend in Brisbane.  It was a good but painful experience.  I learned alot (even though my obsession with crossfit.com videos had given me a preview of much of the material).  My legs are just recovering now.  While the two-day program is probably 75% theory, the other 25% of practical involves about 750 squats and some intense workouts.  My quads and hamstrings were painful to the touch, let alone generating force to move my body, for 4 days afterward.  Of all this exercise, only 3% involved weight heavier than an empty PVC pipe, proving the potential effectiveness of bodyweight exercise.

Breakfast this morning was Kashi Crunch (1.5 cups) and chocolate soy milk (2 cups).  Plan for the gym today is to ease back into things with RPM class and Body Balance.

1 comment:

Drummond said...

G'day Scott,
It was great to meet you at the cert last weekend.
Just had a quick read through your history - you are a very interesting dude!

Mate, stay on the course and hit that intensity.
If you have any questions or you just want to talk crossfit you know where I hide.

Good onya mate.

Drummond