Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Counting the Days

30 days until vacation. 45 days until DKR. 100 days until the baby. 108 days until Singapore 10K. I know the saying about life being too short to wish away, but there is plenty coming down the pipeline that I am eagerly anticipating. Iren and I will be embarking on a whirlwind trip next month. Previously, it was around-the-world in 30 days. Now, it’s even faster.

· September 17th – Depart Jakarta.
· September 18-21 – Madrid
· September 22-23 – Washington, DC
· September 24-26 – New Orleans
· September 27-30 – Austin
· October 1-8 – North Dakota
· October 8-10 – Los Angeles
· October 12-14 – Singapore.

Iren will remain in Singapore through the term of the pregnancy. I will return to Jakarta on Sunday night, October 14th.

The trip will be full of challenges. Iren will be dealing with her first major international trip and doing so as a very pregnant mommy. I will need to try to balance devoting time to doing all the tourist things I should, spending time with family and friends, and getting in the workouts I need to stay on track. And, perhaps most challenging, enjoying the trip without losing sight of dietary guidelines.

August 17th is Independence Day in Indonesia, honoring the declaration of independence from the Netherlands in 1945. Freeport will commemorate the day with a ceremonial flag raising with games to follow. I plan to spend the rest of the holiday in the gym. I plan to attempt to do 3 spin classes in a row and BodyPump class, with the hopes of hitting 5000 calories burned for the day.

No comments: