Thursday, August 9, 2007

Shakin' Around, Ring of Fire-Style

Another quake hit Indonesia last night, luckily this one seemed to cause little damage. I was in Papua for work, but Iren and Erica were in Jakarta. Our apartment building, a forty-story complex, shook badly for about a minute. Iren and Erica took the stairs down as precaution (luckily in this case we only live on the 11th floor). They returned to find some damage to items that fell but nothing too major.

Here is an interesting approach to races. Though perhaps this article is an indication that I haven't changed completely, as it was "beer run" in the title that caught my attention.

Today I registered for the 10K race in the Singapore Marathon on December 2nd. This gives me a very concrete goal. I have 114 days to get ready! Of course, I'll welcome friends to join the race or come to watch. Those who make the trip can also come see the latest addition to the Hanna family, as Iren's due date is in late November, so she and our baby will still be in Singapore waiting for the passport paperwork (which usually takes about 10 days).

1 comment:

wyatt said...

hey scott tried emailing you but didn,t get it to work. congrats on the getting married and the little one on the way. hope to see you guys in october later wyatt