Saturday, March 10, 2007

A small plateau

Based on today’s weigh in, in the past week, I have not lost any weight. That was disappointing – but I will try to keep reminding myself to keep in mind the longer-term view, that I have lost about 30 lbs in 70 days which is still ahead of the pace I need to keep to reach my goal by the end of the year. I have a two-prong plan to combat this short plateau:

1. Use protein-powder for meal replacement and as a snack to avoid overeating at meals. And, use this in the context of improved discipline on my diet. Staying focused, especially after a minor setback is important.

2. Increase my cardio regimen. Boredom is becoming a bit of an issue so I am going to attempt to increase the diversification, including some swimming and added aerobic classes.

In addition, this plan with persistence and patience should allow me to overcome this minor sticking point. I would really like to have a good weigh-in on April 1st (though I won’t utilize the date to announce any fake results) – as I would like to be well ahead of target by the end of the first quarter.

1 comment:

Andy said...

I like to watch movies, or even better is TV shows on DVD, while I do cardio on the elliptical machine. Just plug in your laptop and go (or get a portable DVD player). This should help on the boredom front, plus you can catch up on TV shows you might have wanted to see but never did. I watched 3 seasons of Alias on an elliptical machine -- and let me tell you, Jennifer Garner was pretty inspiring at times.