Friday, March 2, 2007

Two becomes three

Erica is Irene’s niece. Erica’s mother in Manado is very ill so Erica is staying in Jakarta until she recovers. Erica is as joyful as she is cute, a delightful little girl. She cannot speak yet, but I am certain her first words will be, “Darrell K Royal Texas Memorial Stadium.”

Luckily, the title doesn’t refer to my hands – though being able to deliver a Stooges-style eye gouge amid a game of mercy would be a good bar trick. It refers to, in part, how two weeks between updates have stretched into three. A string of personal events, in addition to my continuing all-consuming professional schedule, have kept me off the blog. Through all this, I would grade my performance around a C- or D. I have only missed getting into the gym a handful of days, and I have done OK on my diet. And, still flawless on the booze ban, even at the wedding of my two dear friends, Sam and Irma. Luckily, the culture of weddings in Yogyakarta isn’t that of Ypsilanti, North Dakota – an open bar at a wedding back home would be a move financial suicide. Though the momentum is still going in the right direction, I need to recommit and increase the velocity again. On that point, I need to hit the gym before work.

No comments: